The Reno Philharmonic Discover Music is an educational outreach program where Reno Phil musicians travel to Washoe County and regional elementary schools to perform assemblies tailored to the ages and specifications of each school. These are designed to give students a close-up look at symphonic music through performances, demos and fun participatory activities. The Reno Phil offers Discover Music performances to elementary schools (DK-5) and home-school groups at no cost to the school. Performances are also sometimes available for middle schools, high schools, and senior communities, or as educational components of community events.
We currently have five different ensembles, and on Feb. 27 you’ll meet the String Quartet. The string quartet excels in engaging students in exploring the composers behind the music with tie-ins to history and geography. The program will be Beethoven influenced, and you’ll hear more about why on the day!
Kathy Walton, 2020 Program Chair
Chef’s Choice, Ranch and a Raspberry Balsamic Dressing
Charbroiled Salmon, Basmati Rice, and Vegetable Medley,
Roasted Pesto Tomato
Vegetable Quiche, Asparagus, Broiled Mediterranean Vegetables, Jasmine Rice, Parmesan Red Pepper Sauce
DUTCH CRUNCH ROLLS & BUTTER
Iced Tea and Water (Coffee, Decaf and Hot Teas on request)
Please contact our Venue Director, Vernice Strange, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (775) 233-6436 cell or text
and she will be happy to assist you
- Price: $25.00 per person
- Reservations are required
- Reservations are due by February 20th
- Cancellations after February 20th will not receive a refund
- Reservations accepted for the current month only
- Include your full name with your reservation and clearly indicate your nickname if it differs from the name on the check
- Seating is OPEN so plan to arrive by 10:30 am if you need to seat a large group
Pay by credit card on our website
or send a check to NNCNN, PO Box 11163, Reno, NV 89510
Contact Roxanne Scott via email at email@example.com.
- 10:30 A.M. Social Time, Raffle Ticket Sales Begin
- 11:30 A.M. Meeting Called to Order
- 11:45 A.M. Luncheon is Served
- 12:30 P.M. Performance/Speaker Begins
- 1:00 P.M. Final Raffle and Cash Drawing
- Valet parking is available at the Virginia Street entrance.
- There is also parking on the east side of the building.
- If you need help getting from Valet Parking to the banquet room, ask at Valet Parking
- If you need a wheelchair, please call the concierge at 825-4700 the day before the luncheon