COMMUNITY EVENTS FOR JULY, 2022
**Note: Due to varying COVID-19 concerns, please check with sites for the latest restrictions. You can click on the highlighted event for more information; click on their Events Calendars.
Reno Aces; Greater Nevada Field, 50 Evans Ave.
● July 4-10 vs Tacoma Rainiers * July 22-24 vs El Paso Chihuahuas
● July 26-31 vs Salt Lake Bees
Nevada Museum of Art,160 Liberty St., Reno. (10am-6pm): Exhibits, art discussions & tours throughout the month; check website for all dates & times. Musical offerings: Summer of Soul; Judy Chicago: Dry Ice, Smoke & Fireworks; Fire Grace & Ash; Mike Clark.
● July 1&8,15 (1pm-2pm): guided tour on Interpretations of Landscape.
● July 14 (6pm-8pm): Rumble: The Indians Who Rocked the World (film)
North Tahoe Arts, (11am–5pm): visit the North Tahoe Arts Shop for local craft, jewelry, art & classes for all ages, 380 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City.
Sparks Heritage Museum, (Tu-F 11am-4pm, Sa 1pm-4pm): collections, lectures and outdoor exhibits, 814 Victorian Ave., Sparks, 775-355-1144. Be sure to check-out the interesting past-lectures online.
● July 12 & 26 (1pm-3pm): Memoir writing class for those over 55, free. Victoria Ave
● July 21 (4-7pm): Art Walk and Latimer Art Reception; Sparks Museum Upper Gallery, Victoria Ave.
Nevada Discovery Museum; July 1/8/15/22,29: (9am-10am); special activities for families with children 5 & under; Small Wonder Wednesdays, 490 S. Center St., Reno; 775-786-1000, $11/$13 (free for members). Admission reduced $5 every Wednesday, after 4pm.
● July ArtTown, a month long culture festival many events all month
www.artown.org for event schedule
● July 2, 9,16, 23,30 (9am-12pm): Riverside Farmers’ Market; McKinley Arts & Cultural Center, 925 Riverside Dr., local farms, yoga (sign up ahead), artisans & chefs.
● July 7, 14, 21, 28 (4pm-8pm): Thursday nights at the Riverside Farmers’ Market, until Winter-Hours Sept/Oct.
● July 9 (4pm-10-pm): Reno Pops on the River, Wingfield Park
● July 10 (10am-6pm): Sierra Nevada Lavender & Honey Festival, Idlewild Park, 1900 Idlewild Dr., lots of music, food & fun; free.
● July 29 (3pm-10pm): Biggest Little City Wing Fest Virginia Street between 2nd and 6th
July 30 (7:30pm-10:30pm): Hotter Than July: The music of Stevie Wonder and Tina Turner. Wingfield Park
Other websites to check for things to do around Reno: